Joshua A. Hill
Josh is a trial attorney who has significant experience representing individuals and businesses in a variety of federal civil and criminal litigation.
Prior to joining HHM’s Federal Practice Group, Josh practiced pharmaceutical, medical device, and healthcare litigation at one of the busiest product liability defense practices in the country. In 2018, Josh received the Burton Foundation Award for distinguished legal writing. The co-authored submission was chosen as one of 25 winners from thousands of nominations by the nation’s top law firms.
Josh is also an experienced litigator in the criminal arena. He has served as both a military prosecutor and defense counsel in a wide-variety of criminal cases including rape, sexual assault, larceny, drug abuse/possession, computer crimes, assault and battery, obstruction of justice, and misuse of government resources.
Josh is formerly a Captain in the United States Marine Corps. While on active duty, Josh prosecuted and defended Marines in courts-martial and administrative proceedings and served as a deputy staff judge advocate.
Josh is a member of the Mississippi bar.
Fax (843) 645-6530
21 W Park Avenue
Savannah, GA 31401
- University of Mississippi, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- Moot Court Board
- National Trial Team, 2008-2009
- National Order of the Barristers
- Missouri State University, B.S., summa cum laude, Political Science, 2006
- President, Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity
- Prosecuting Alcohol Sexual Assault Cases (2011)
- Naval Justice School (2009)
- The Basic School (2008)
- Officer Candidates School (2005)
- Represented pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in mass tort and individual cases pending in various state and federal venues throughout the country.
- Served as military prosecutor and military defense counsel in general and special courts-martial and administrative separations.
- Advised commanding officers on a wide variety of legal, ethical, and military justice issues as Deputy Staff Judge Advocate.
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oxford Area Young Lawyers Association
Papers, Presentations and Publications
- Co-Author, “Epidemiology and the NFL Collide,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 10 No. 1 (2017).
- Co-Author, “Epidemiology – What Trial Lawyers and Jurors Really Need to Know;” International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Drug, Medical Device and Biotec Committee Seminar Presentation, Scottsdale, AZ, February 19, 2017.
- Co-Author, “Epidemiology by Lawyers for Lawyers;” Defense Research Institute (DRI), Webinar, December 15, 2016.
- Author, “Storm Clouds Gather: An FDA Proposal to Eliminate Generic Preemption,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 8, No. 2, July 2015.
- Presenter, “Opening Statements: Case-maker or case-breaker?,” MDLA Chapter at the University of Mississippi Law School, October 16, 2014.